Here is my resume, highlighting professional writing experience over a wide range of topics and styles.
- Ph.D. 2001, University of Alabama at Birmingham – Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics
- M.S. 1994, Southern Illinois University, Edwardsville, IL – Biology
- B.S. 1992, Lindenwood College, St. Charles, MO – Biology
- Author scientific articles, fellowships, grant proposals, contracts, and patent invention disclosures.
- Design and present scientific posters.
- Write abstracts for papers, grants, conferences, and scientific meetings.
- Create SOP’s (standard operating procedures), technical manuals, product manuals.
- Generate web content for scientific products, including figures, graphs, tables and images.
- Design webpages using Godaddy website builder and WordPress.com.
- Create and maintain non-profit website, and associated Facebook page for www.riseraptor.org. Includes keyword tool use, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), posts, and content organization.
- Write magazine articles, newsletters, and blog posts.
- Manage and operate an equine boarding facility.
- Present at public speaking engagements periodically.
- Comprehensive knowledge in the fields of molecular biology, genetics, plant biology, and ecology.
- Hands-on laboratory experience conducting cutting edge research in both academic and industrial environments.
- Writing skills ranging from complex technical manuals, to patent invention disclosures, to creative short stories.
- Experience with data analysis ranging in complexity, from high school laboratory exercises, to my own advanced laboratory experiments, to terabytes of industrial style generated information. Analysis types include, computer assisted, critical thought, literature comparison, statistical analysis and offering next step suggestions.
- Public speaking.
- Horse farm design and setup from scratch. Including barn design and construction, fence and pasture layout for maximum safety and productivity, food storage and feeding program, veterinary care, boarding contracts, as well as riding and training areas.
- Level 3 Parelli Natural Horsemanship student. Includes knowledge of horse behavior, psychology, and communication through body language.
My work has been published through a variety of avenues including consumer magazines, blogs, newsletters, research articles, grants, fellowships, and patent invention disclosures. My Portfolio includes examples from many of these outlets.